- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 600g butternut pumpkin, 2cm diced
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 stalk of lemongrass, pounded
- 30g ginger peeled, chopped
- 400ml coconut cream
- 50ml cold water
- 1/1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 600g prawns. Peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 red chill, sliced
- ½ cup fresh coriander leaves
- ¼ cup unsalted peanuts, roughly chopped
In a large stock pot add olive oil, pumpkin, shallot, ginger, garlic and lemon grass. Cook until fragrant.
Add coconut milk and water.
Bring to a simmer and reduce the heat med-low.
Cover with a lid and coo for 25 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender.
Remove lemongrass stalk.
Allow soup to cool slightly.
Add 1 tablespoon lime juice, sugar and fish sauce.
Puree until smooth. Season with salt & pepper.
Toss prawns with coriander and turmeric.
Season with slat & pepper.
Heat oil in a frying pan.
Add prawns cook until they just turn pink.
Place soup into bowls and garnish with prawns, chilli, coriander leaves and peanuts. Serve with lemon wedges & pappadums.