Your favourite pumpkin soup, jazzed up with Thai spices like chilli, lemongrass and basil and made with coconut milk.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 10g butter
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 4 brown shallots, chopped
- 2 small fresh red Thai chillies, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped lemongrass
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 4 cups peeled and diced pumpkin
- 1 cup fresh baby basil leaves
- Heat oil and butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook garlic, shallots, chilli and lemongrass for 5 minutes or until onion softens. Stir in chicken stock, coconut milk and pumpkin; bring to the boil. Cook, covered, for 15 minutes or until pumpkin softens.
- Blend the soup in a blender or food processor, in batches, until smooth. Reheat in saucepan. Serve sprinkled with basil leaves.