YOUR Choice & Herb Bread
- 1 cup YOUR CHOICE- choose 1 or a combination of these options, you will need 1 cup in total - 1 cup mixed olived, 1 cup semi dried tomatoes, 1 cup semi dried chilli
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 sprig each thyme, oregano, rosemary, sage, parsley, finely chopped
What to do
- Heat oven to 180ç and lightly grease loaf tin.
- Beat eggs until light and frothy. Add coursely chopped YOUR choice to eggs.
- Add olive oil, milk, salt & pepper to egg mix. Fold in chopped herbs.
- Sift flour, salt, sugar & baking powder and add to egg mixture, fold until combined.
- Pour mix into loaf tin and bake for approximately 1 hour or until sounds hollow when banged on the bottom.
- Allow to cool on rack.
Serving suggestions & variations:
- Slice loaf thickly and rub with garlic and toast like bruschetta and serve with a range of dips and extra virgin olive oil.
- Slice & toast to have with home-made vegetable/pumpkin/minestrone/sweet potato soup.
- Try topping the bread with grated parmesan cheese before baking or fold through when adding flour.