Vegetable Stir Fry
Vegie Stir-fry flavoured with Mushroom Plant, Chilli, Garlic, Laksa Leaf, Fennel Seed, Turmeric, Ginger, Soy Sauce. This dish can be made with all vegetables, seafood and vegetables or meat and vegetables.
- 1 Small chilli (heat to taste)
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 8 young leaves of Laksa Leaf
- 1 teaspoon of ground fennel seed
- 1 Teaspoon of fennel seeds
- 1 Teaspoon freshly grated turmeric
- 1 piece of ginger (5cm x 3cm x 2cm)
- 15ml of soy sauce
- 1/2 cup of sliced almonds
- 1 medium carrot
- 12 large snow peas,
- 1 small head of broccoli
- 1 medium onion,
- 1 Bok choi
- 1 packet of baby corn (300g)
- 1cup of Mushroom plant leaves.
- Julienne carrots, chop snow peas, cut onion into quarters and pull off out layers on each quarter then dice inner parts. Chop baby corn in to2cm long pieces. Chop broccoli into small heads.
- Place wok on high heat; also boil 500 ml of water.
- Pull apart Bok choi and chop off base of older leaves, then thickly slice these pieces.
- Put 75ml of oil in wok and when hot add in chopped onion and crushed garlic.
- Grate in ginger and add grated turmeric. Stir for 30 secs.
- Add in carrot and almonds. Stir for 30 sec and add 100 ml of boiling water.
- Add chilli and ground fennel seed. Stir for another 45 secs then add remaining vegetables and soy sauce.
- Add Laksa leaf and mushroom plant.
- Add 200ml of boiling water and salt to taste.
Cook for further 45 secs and then serve on freshly cooked rice. Meat/seafood can be used and should be added just prior to adding carrots