Homemade Tomato soup. A simple and easy to make soup with additions for personal taste.
- 1 can of plain diced tomatoes (or make your own by cooking fresh over ripe tomatoes)
- 6 fresh coarse chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon of each of – oregano hot n spicy, chervil, pizza thyme
- 1clove garlic (crushed
- 4 cups of water
- 2 shallots,
- dash olive oil
- Put oil and diced shallots in pan.
- Sauté until the shallots start to clear then add tomatoes and garlic. Cook on low heat for 3 -4 minutes or until tomatoes start to become soft. Add can of tomatoes and water, cook for further two minutes then place in blender (or blend with a stick blender) add herbs and simmer for further three to five minutes.
- Serve with chives or fresh parsley.