Spud and Celeriac Bake
Spud and celeriac bake.
Preheat oven to 220C.
- 400gm Celeriac
- 400gm potatoes
- 300ml fresh cream
- ½ nutmeg or ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/3 stick of cinnamon
- ½ white onion finely sliced
- ½ cup of chopped fresh coriander.
- Peel and wash celeriac. Cut into 5mm thick slices.
- Do the same with the potatoes.
- Wipe base and side of baking dish with olive oil and then put in a layer of potato, then a layer of celeriac, then sparse layer of onion.
- Grate on nutmeg and cinnamon (not too much) and about third of the coriander.
- Then repeat layers until all ingredients used or dish is full.
- Finally pour over cream and grate some more nutmeg over the top.
- Put dish in oven and turn down to 180C then bake for about 45 to 60 minutes. Take out and serve with garnish or parsley, celeriac leaf or coriander.
- This dish can be spiced up by adding some chilli powder in with the nutmeg or grating some good quality parmesan cheese over the top as the dish is removed from the oven.