Spicy Grilled Prawns and Melon Salad
- 15 dried cayenne chillies
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 1/2 cups olive oil
- 30 to 35 prawns, heads off but unpeeled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups watermelon or honeydew
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 bunch of coriander
- 1/2 cup finely chopped mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- Rocket salad
- Grind chillies in a spice mill to a powder, In a bowl, mix chillie powder with oil, salt, garlic, coriander and lime juice. Add prawns and marinate for 2 to 3 hours at room temperature (or overnight in a refrigerator). Combine melons, sugar, mint, lime juice and vinegar and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Prepare hot BBQ grill. Remove prawns from marinade and reserve it. Grill prawns for about 3 minutes, set aside and cool. Toss the rocket with 4 tablespoons of the reserved marinade and form a bed of greens on each plate. Drain the melons slightly. Peel the prawns, toss lightly in more marinade. Place melons and prawns on greens.
4 to 6 servings