Grilled Eggplant: using Basil, Oregano, Rosemary, Tomato Roma, Basil Mint, Virgin Olive Oil,
- 1 large eggplant
- 1/2 cup of fresh Thai Basil
- 1/4 cup of oregano
- 1/4 cup of rosemary
- 1/4 cup of basil mint
- 200 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- Oyster sauce
- 8 roma tomatoes.
- 4 larges sprigs of curly parsley
- Cut egg plant into four 2cm thick slices. Rub salt them olive oil into each piece make sure oil is fully absorbed into flesh. Turn slices over and repeat. Now rub half a teaspoon of oyster sauce into flesh of eggplant. Put aside and let sit for 30 mins.
- Meanwhile thickly slice tomatoes and place in fry pan with chopped herbs and 40ml of olive oil. Cook, stirring regularly until tomatoes start to break down. Add 50 to 100 ml of hot water.
- Take eggplant and place in heavy based frypan. Place oyster sauce side down. After 1 minute turn eggplant over. Cook for another minute then pour over tomatoes mixture and cover with lid for a further 2 to 4 mins (until eggplant is mushy in centre)
- Serve on wilted spinach leaves.