Prawns cooked in chilli, coriander, lime verbena, garlic and ginger. Serve with leafy green salad, saffron rice or other Asian type dishes. This is a great ‘When friends drop in’ dish. Fresh, shelled green prawns can be used but so can frozen ones – direct from freezer with 15 minutes thawing. Similarly fresh herbs can be used or ‘herb blocks’ (described below. As this is a very quick to cook dish all ingredients and serving plates need to be ready prior to putting wok on heat.
- 32 green prawns.
- Large bunch of fresh coriander,
- 6 medium Lime Verbena leaves,
- 1 small lime,
- 1small chilli (choose appropriate heat to taste),
- 8 medium cloves of garlic,
- piece of ginger (5cm x 3cm x 2cm).
- 60ml (2 tblspn) unrefined Coconut Oil.
- Place prawns in bowl (to thaw if frozen). Peel if needed.
- Coarsely chop large bunch of coriander – stems and leaves.
- Finely chop lime verbena.
- Peel garlic and ginger.
- Finely chop chilli
- Place wok on high heat. Once hot place coconut oil in wok. As soon as oil is hot add prawns. If using ‘herb block’ add at the same time. Other wise crush garlic into wok and then grate ginger into wok.
- Toss for 30 secs then as prawns start to turn pink add coriander, lime verbena and chilli. Toss for another 30 secs and add zest of half lime. When prawns cooked – do not overcook as the will become tough – squeeze on some lime juice and serve