Carrot and Apple Salad with Fennel and Coriander
Tasty mixture of flavors and texture as side dish to strong red meat, like lamb or venison.
- 6 medium sized carrots
- 2 red apples
- part bunch of fennel leaves
- 5gm (half teaspoon) of fennel seed
- 1/2 bunch of coriander (can be replaced with Italian Parsley if necessary)
- Dash of white wine
- Coarsely great carrot, core and thinly slice apple (unpeeled)
- Finely chop fennel and coriander.
- Toss all in bowl with white wine.
- Place in bowl and sprinkle with grated (or ground) fennel seeds over the top.
- Serve with garnish of coriander or parsley.